Dragon Cheddar & Leek Pate
- Preparation Time: 15 MINS
- Effort: EASY
- Cooking Time: 2 HOURS
- Serves: 4-6
- 15g Dragon butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons half-fat crème fraiche or single cream
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 140g Dragon mature Cheddar grated or block chopped in a food processor)
- Melt the butter in a frying pan until bubbling, add leek and sauté until leeks are tender and cooked through
- Add the crème fraiche, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and some black pepper. Stir well and cook uncovered to reduce liquid slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, add the cheese and puree in short bursts until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow serving dish and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives and serve with Cheese & Tomato Scones or crusty bread.