Happy St David’s Day!
How about celebrating by wearing a leek or daffodil on your clothes and feast on Welsh foods?
We’ve got tapas on the menu at Dragon HQ, see below to see how we made this:
1) Caerphilly Lamb Wrap – spread wrap with mint jelly, layer slices of thinly sliced loin of lamb and baby spinach leaves, season well then sprinkle over crumbled Caerphilly. Tight roll the wrap and wrap in cling film, chill for 1 hour. Cut ends off wrap and discard, slice into small bite size rounds and place on flat serving platter
2) Chorizo & Cheese Sticks – thread small cubes of chorizo, chunks of roasted red pepper and cubes of mature cheddar onto a cocktail stick
3) Cavern Parma Ham – mix grated Cavern cheddar with tomato chutney, place on slice of parma ham and roll up into a cigar shape and cut in half
4) Marinated Cheddar– Vintage cheddar cubed, sliced sun dried tomato, pitted black and green olives – drizzle extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar or glaze over cheese toss until well coated. Place in serving dish and sprinkle with torn fresh basil leaves
5) Patatas Cheesas – saute diced cooked Blas y Tir potatoes in olive oil, dust them with smoked paprika and cook until golden and heated through, Sprinkle over grated Cheddar & leek cheese and toss in pan until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately
If you have any more suggestions, please send them over!